The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
1. To enable all pupils to achieve high standards in all areas of the curriculum, to enjoy their learning, achieve well and make very good progress in relation to their prior attainment. (ECM3)
QUALITY OF TEACHING
2. To provide all pupils with teaching of high quality that has clear aims, uses effective methods and suitable resources and which is matched to their differing needs. (ECM3/2)
3. To ensure that all pupils have access to skills and ideas that engage them fully in a relevant, progressive and broad curriculum, which promotes their health and wellbeing and makes good use of extended services. (ECM1)
BEHAVIOUR AND SAFETY
4. To enable all pupils to set themselves high standards, to take pride in their work and to strive towards high achievement. (ECM4)
5. To enable all pupils to be confident and self-motivated and to take advantage of opportunities to make a positive contribution to the school and wider community. (ECM4)
6. To create a happy, relaxed, safe and purposeful atmosphere in which each child and adult can develop personally, socially and morally: where positive and co-operative relationships, tolerance, understanding and respect for all people are inherent. (ECM2)
LEADERSHIP AND MANAGEMENT
7. To provide a lively, stimulating and well-organised learning environment in which staff and pupils work co-operatively towards achieving the school’s aims. (ECM5)
8. To involve parents and the wider community in school life to ensure that all aspects of pupils’ progress are fully inclusive, shared and supported. (ECM3/5)
9. To celebrate special aspects of the pupil’s work and life at school and cause the school to pursue excellence in all its activities. (ECM4)
10. To provide clear leadership and effective management at all levels which takes the school forward in its chosen direction.
11. To plan realistically, making effective use of the school’s resources in order to achieve the best possible learning outcomes for pupils, together with developing effective working relationships with all other agencies involved in achieving ECM outcomes.
ECM – Every Child Matters.